Our school is located in the Gothic District in the historic center of the city; just 3 minutes away from the Cathedral, and 10 minutes from the harbor and the "Plaza de Cataluña".
Our spacious school extends over two floors and more than 700 square meters. All classrooms are very bright and comfortable.
OUR TEACHING METHOD
In order to learn to speak a language correctly and fluently, the best method is to focus on communication in a motivating environment with enough room for personal needs and interests.
SPANISH COURSES AT SPRACHCAFFE BARCELONA
Courses start every Monday and end on Fridays; you can book any duration you like. Students with at least basic knowledge can start on any date, only beginners with no knowledge at all are limited to certain starting dates.
Spanish course types
We offer 2 types of courses; group tuition and private tuition.
• Our groups have a maximum of 10 students per class
• Each lessons is 45 minutes long
• Levels are set up according to the result of a placement test
• Course material is lent to our students in class
• After the course students will receive a certificate
We use the direct method; Spanish is therefore the only language spoken in class. Vocabulary and grammar are learned in a context with both oral and written exercises.
Great emphasis is put on developing the oral abilities of our students. In class students will have to prepare discussion topics and present themes to be debated in conversation classes.
Our teachers are native Spanish speakers with teaching certificates. Their knowledge and great experience in teaching and the relaxed environment at our school guarantees a great learning experience and success.
Group tuition - Semi-Intensive course - 20 lessons per week
• 4 lessons per day - each lesson is 45 minutes long - 5 days per week from Monday to Friday - maximum of 10 students per group
• Timetable will typically be: 09:00 – 10:30 & 11:00 – 12:30*
• Prices in Euro: First week 200 Euros; every additional week 140 Euros
Group tuition - Intensive course - 30 lessons per week
• 6 lessons per day - each lesson is 45 minutes long - 5 days per week from Monday to Friday - maximum of 10 students per group
• Timetable will typically be: 09:00 – 10:30 & 11:00 – 12:30 & 13:00 – 14:30*
• Prices in Euro: First week 270 Euros; every additional week 210 Euros
Private tuition with 10, 20 or 30 lessons per week
• 2, 4 or 6 lessons per day - each lesson is 45 minutes long - 5 days per week from Monday to Friday
• Timetable to be agreed individually
• Prices in Euro: First week with 10/20/30 lessons 350/640/930 Euros; every additional week 290/580/870 Euros
* Please note that the timetable may change due to organizational requirements.
We offer all official Spanish course levels. The participant's level will be determined in a placement test.
Course level A0
• Beginners - no knowledge
• The most basic structures of Spanish will be learnt
• This includes pronunciation exercises, the most basic grammatical concept as well as most basic vocabulary
Course level A1
• Beginners - little knowledge
• Grammatical structures and vocabulary will give a basic idea of Spanish
• Conversation focuses on how to converse in everyday situations
• Reading is an important part of this level for it enables the student to hear and practice correct pronunciation
Course level A2
• Beginners - basic knowledge
• Indicative past and future tenses are compared and studied in detail
• Practical exercises such as informal conversation is used to improve comprehension
• Conversation is one of the most important parts, students are encouraged to discuss topics in class
Course level B1
• For students who have already studied all Indicative tenses
• After a fast review of all Indicative tenses Subjunctive tenses are the main topic studied in class - starting with Subjunctive present tense -
• Expressions are taught to enrich vocabulary
• Conversation focuses on articles taken from magazines which are used for further discussions and dialogues
Course level B2
• Upper Intermediate
• For students who have already studied Indicative and Subjunctive tenses
• Grammatical exceptions as well as difficult grammatical details are taught
• High level conversation and specialized vocabulary are learnt
• In all exercises the most important aspect is to speak and communicate in Spanish appropriately and correctly
Course level C1/ C2
• Advanced & Superior
• The aim in our C1 / C2 Level is to gain a proficiency level in Spanish, level C2 is very close to the level of a native speaker
• All grammar, exceptions and standard to advanced vocabulary is assumed to be known